Friday, October 29, 2010

Projection 2


With my slides in hand and Iouka's projector in its leather bound box I set off to start my projection. It was at this point I realised I hadn't got a clue what I was doing or how to go about doing it, so I did what any normal person would do in this situation and freaked out...

Once I calmed down I covered myself by writing a piece in my reflective journal about the nature of trial and error and that by just trying this Idea I had succeeded regardless of what the outcome was like, and then set about finding someone to save my sorry ass and luckily for me Mr. David Sermon was around, and with his help stuff started to happen.

So after an hours of tidying up and blacking out windows, we were left with a workable space and I "got my projection on" as it were.




Blown up my slides did look pretty good and what was really interesting was the grain of the images, as there had been lazer printed onto acetate the was a very noticeable line running through them. It was almost as if they had been woven... hows that was poetic? The image that is not my crappy sentence.





I've had people tell me these look like all sorts of things from animal skin to boiled sweets, I personally don't really no they remind me of but I don't think that matters, what's far more important to me is that they have sparked discussion and interest. For me as an "Artist" that has always been the important thing, it doesn't matters what meaning I put behind them because an audience will always make up its own minds and I'm quite happy to just make something that makes people excited and want to think for themselves and if I can do this with photos of knitting and a slide projector then all the better.

So enjoy, I had a great time making them and please tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment