Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Projections

One of the things I have really wanted to do for a while is set up some sort of projection/ installation piece and I was lucky enough to be given the chance to try one of my ideas out.

The only problem was I only had a day and a half to short it out. Luckily for me my house mate and good friend Josh Worrall aka Iouka has a slide projector, slide cases and has worked out a really easy way to make his own. So armed to the teeth with projection gear, I set about making my first slides.


These are the images I put on my slides, and yeah I am aware they are all slightly different sizes but as the slide case I was using had a rectangular window it really didn't matter. once I had my images all nicely set out in photoshop I simply printed them onto acetate, cut them out and placed they in the slide cases.

Before I set up my piece I thought it would be a good idea to try out the slide. I would have hated to get everything all set up and then find out they would burn out or wouldn't focus etc.


So here we have a couple of examples of my slides in action and I think they look pretty cool, though I think they will need something more added to them to complete the piece, maybe something layered over the top of them or multiple images project over the top of each other or in a sequence. I would also love to get a more modern slide project that I could load my slides in and maybe have them on some sort of timer so they could be played in sequence

2 comments:

  1. I really love your creative approach to textiles! It's so refreshing to see unique work that really pushes the boundaries of what we consider textiles to be. Amazing and inspiring work! I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, its nice to no that someone likes what I'm doing

    ReplyDelete